If your dog is suffering with stress, anxiety, or depression, then include foods in their diet that will naturally boost serotonin.
Tryptophan, which goes into making serotonin, is commonly found in foods that contain protein. Although meat is often a key source of protein there are other sources.The following foods are good sources of tryptophan
1. Salmon This oily fish is also a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for health. These fatty acids can help support strong bones, healthy skin, and eye function. Salmon is also a source of vitamin D, which is essential for strong bones and teeth, and healthy muscles.
2. Poultry Poultry includes chicken, turkey, and goose. Lean poultry, such as chicken breast, will usually be high in protein and low in fat.
3. Eggs Some ways of cooking and preparing eggs are more healthful than others. Frying an egg adds a lot of fat, which makes it a less healthful option. Boiling or poaching an egg does not add any additional fat.
4. Spinach Dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, are a source of tryptophan. Spinach is also a good source of iron. Iron helps the body to make healthy red blood cells.
5. Seeds Seeds are a plant source of tryptophan. Seeds do not contain as much tryptophan as oily fish, poultry, or eggs. However, they are a good source of tryptophanInterested in learning more about what foods to feed your dog?